Who could ever guess in their wildest dreams that baking soda could lead to a New Years Eve full of mother-daughter bonding time? Lord knows it was much needed. I haven't had the opportunity to spend time with my mother since my grandmother's death.
Brayden wasn't feeling well last night. I think that's the first thing we need to thank the Lord for. It is what it caused me not to go celebrate with my in-laws. Second, Pinterest. No, I am not joking. We both started looking on the website and found so many different things we wanted to try later. Then we found a suggestion on how to clean a glass stove top with baking soda.
My poor grandmother tried for years and years to clean that stove top while she was here and had no success in accomplishing that feat. The suggestion was take baking soda, sprinkle it over the spot that needed to be cleaned (all over the stove in our case!), take a rag, soak it in hot water and soap, wring it out where its pretty wet still but not full of water and spread it on the stove for 15 minutes. Then you scrub.
We literally stood in the kitchen for 15 minutes talking about how if it worked, our cousin Bev would be correct in how she says baking soda has a ton of uses. 15 minutes later, we scrubbed. We probably did this for another good 10 minutes, but almost 15 years of stove build up is off the stove now.
More importantly, my mother and I learned something new together.
It will be a story to pass along to my son one day, in hopes that when he does have a family of his own (when he reaches age 60!) he will have a story of his own like this to share.
Well, as I took a break from typing this out, I have managed to have my first injury of the new year. I stabbed my thumb with a knife while loading the dishwasher. Go figure. Nothing a Hello Kitty bandaid cannot fix :) I don't believe it's a deep stab.
I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year!! Until next time.
I'm going to have to remember this baking soda trick!
ReplyDeleteOuch! Sorry about the thumb. At least you get to show off the Hello Kitty band aid for a bit! ;)