Monday, January 2, 2012

Normalcy Accomplished

For the first time in weeks, my son was in bed at his normal bedtime. My dogs were inside at their normal inside time. I am curled under the covers around my normal bedtime. The only thing that isn't normal is my husband's work hours. Sam's Club is still open until 10pm. I cannot wait for that aspect of life to return to normal.

11 days and we make a move to Catawba. We are buying land from Mom, temporarily living in my grandfather's old house, and getting a construction loan to build our own house in front of it. I must say this will be a welcomed change. My son will have the space he craves, I will have the silence and privacy of our own place, my husband will have a hideout in the buildings out back filled with wood tools. Hello, progress.

I've started planning Brayden's first birthday. My husband and I are wanting to have it at Glenn Hilton Park. We definitely have a date. March 31st. We can't agree on a time. I am having trouble with a theme. Pinterest has too many wonderful ideas. He likes tractors so I thought maybe a John Deere theme. Seems different from the Thomas the Train and Dinosaur stuff everyone else suggests. Sticking in true fashion of my resolution, my husband and I will decide together. People already want to place their ideas and their thoughts into it. I'm not having it. He is mine and Zack's son, and we will make the decisions. We do not need outside assistance.

I am gaining a sister in law this month. I am trying to allow her and my brother carve their own path. I don't want to throw in my recommendations on what makes my marriage work at them. I don't want to be the in law that bosses them around and tells them what to do. They need to find their own way. Find a way that works for them, and don't let anyone change that. If they asked me for advice, I would tell them fight for your relationship, no matter how many times you just want to give up. You will disagree. It's natural. Don't let that ruin a relationship you want to last forever.

Now that I have my thoughts out for the day, I am going to study the back of my eyelids. 7am comes early, and tomorrow will be busy at work.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited that you have your own house soon! I know you have been looking forward to that for a long while. I can't believe that Bray will be 1 in just a few short months. Aviana is turning 1 on Thursday. Time flies! She cures my baby fever! :) Hope you have a great work week!

    ReplyDelete