6:45pm. I was sitting in the church pew and listening to our pastor go over the prayer list. I kept telling my husband I didn't need to go. When a doctor orders you to be on bedrest, they mean you need to be in bed resting!! Somehow he doesn't understand that.
7:05pm. Bible study had began. My second contraction hit.
This repeated itself at 7:25 and 7:50. At 8pm, after dropping our nephews off from taking them with us, I was completely uncomfortable. 8:05...another one. 8:20 I caved after having a few more painful contractions.
I called the doctor on call. She told me to take a hot bath and drink a ton of water. Once my bath was through, lay down immediately. I did that. By 9:45...the pain and contractions were still there. Gave it a little more time before I caved and called her back. She wanted me to come in for monitoring to see what was going on.
Was hooked up on monitors for 2 hours. The contractions were definitely there. However, my cervix was not changing from 1 cm. This is a good thing I thought. The rest of my family wanted them to deliver her.
Even this morning they called and asked me why I didn't ask for them to deliver her. Uh let's think about this. I am 2 days shy of 36 weeks. She is not considered full term. As soon as they got to her, she'd be off to the NICU and I wouldn't be able to hold or feed my child. She'd have an NG tube and oxygen in her plus who knows what else. If I can prevent my child from going through that torture then I am doing it. I will sit here and suffer until it's time.
I want her here, yes. However she is not ready to be here. I have to trust that...even if I am the only one trusting it.
You're definitely doing the right thing by waiting until she's ready. You're a good mommy! Get some rest! :)
ReplyDelete